Publishers need to reimagine their advertising strategy based on user experience (and the price for it). Rather than selling fixed boxes on their sites, at any cost, publishers can sell an ‘experience’ rather than a fixed piece of real estate. The advent of outstream advertising means publishers can deliver breakthrough video experiences based on real-time demand, while taking the user experience and their business rules into account.
1. Publishers need to analyze how the various units affect the user experience by integrating with google analytics and understand:
- Time spent on page
- Bounce rate
- # of pages visited per session
2. Different experiences go for different price points such as
- Audio settings
- Place on the page
- Expansion / animation of format
- Skippable settings
3. Less is more – It can be more impactful for the advertiser, more profitable for the publisher and more positive for the user to show a single high impact unit rather than numerous competing boxes of ads on a site.